Here's a great article that I thought I would pass on...hope you find it helpful! –Kim
7 Ways to Improve Walking Your Dog on Leash
by Eric Goebelbecker
April 27, 2010
First a little note on where your dog should be on a walk. Have you heard that you should never let your dog walk in front of you because it will make him think he is the pack leader? I'm convinced that someone spread that as a rumor to see how gullible people are.
Dogs don't worry about things like this. The point is for you to walk together. Nothing more, nothing less!
Loose Leash Walking...
In the video (above), I demonstrate stopping when Caffeine pulls to get a treat I tossed. (Total set-up, but it illustrates the point.)
More info: Here is a handout with some tips for loose leash walking.
©2009 DogTime Inc.
- Collars, ID Tags, Toys, Gifts & Leashes
- Safe Remote Collars, Fences & Accessories
- Bark Collar Store
- High Quality Products at Great Prices
- Free Shipping from PetFrenzy
- Pet Value Center Discount Pet Supplies
- Dog Training at Home
- How to Train Your Dog Like a Pro (free mini course)