Here's a great article that I thought I would pass on...hope you find it interesting! –Kim
10 Suggestions for Keeping a Dog Healthy and Happy, and Strengthening the Bond
Janet Wendy Spiegel
December 28, 2010
Every year, between holiday festivities and Jan. 1, about 100 million Americans make resolutions for the new year. To help you make resolutions you can keep, here is a list of things you can do to build your relationship with your pet.
- Walk your dog every day for at least 20 minutes (about one mile). It'll get you in shape, leave your dog a bit tired after structured, focused exercise, and build your pooch-person bond.
- Take a nature hike once a month with your pup.
- Clip your dog's claws every few months.
- Brush your dog's teeth to avoid deep plaque build-up and costly vet bills.
- Consider training your dog as a therapy dog.
- Bake your own dog treats.
- Make sure your dog's license is current.
- Keep your pet's vaccinations current. (But, keep them to a minimum; don't overdo them!)
- Buy your dog a sweater – or knit one!
- Spend a lazy weekend day watching a movie and cuddling with your pup in bed.
Happy New Year!
Copyright © 2010 Patch