Amazing Pup Helps around the House  

Posted by — Kim in , , , , , ,

Here's a great story that I thought I would pass on...hope you find it interesting! –Kim

Paige, the Helpful Border Collie

Meet an amazing pup that gathers laundry, helps with the dishes and puts away groceries. Paige, a Border Collie from Fairfax, Va., likes to help clean up around the office.

Who wouldn't want a dog that does the laundry, picks up toys, puts away groceries, tosses out trash and looks for ways to help around the house?

Gee, I can hardly get my kids to do that stuff!

Lauren Girard's four-year-old border collie, Paige, fits the bill. In fact, The Washington Post tagged Paige the winner for "Best Pet Tricks" (at two-years-old).

Border collies are smart – this is not news. But not every border collie has the kind of talent (or the star quality) that Paige has. Paige's owner, Lauren Girard of Washington D.C., works with the two-year-old border collie every day for 20 to 30 minutes, using positive reinforcement, to keep the dog's skills sharp.

"First, I started with basic obedience classes, then went into more serious classes," Girard tells Paw Nation. "Now we're doing competitive obedience and agility, which is more serious, so the tricks are just something I do on the side. She's so smart that she generally picks them up in just one session. You know the laundry trick? I showed her, she figured it out, and then I filmed it."











Source:

This entry was posted on Friday, April 8, 2011 at Friday, April 08, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

I love paige! shes got the most adorable face. My border collie Maci blows bubbles like that too, not on command though. She see's her reflection in her dish and tries to lick it lol. Anyways, shes only a year old so I hope I can have her as polite as miss Paige soon! =)

August 10, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Post a Comment

List of No-kill Shelters and Rescues

List of No-kill Shelters and Rescues: 
NATIONAL SEARCH
Find local shelters near you! LOCAL SEARCH
You can adopt or foster from any of these shelters or donate to support their efforts. Be sure to confirm that they are a "no-kill" shelter. Then, be a part of the solution!

<< – Newer Posts / Older Posts – >>
CLICK HERE FIRST; THEN CLICK THE PAGE LINK BELOW.