Here's a great article that I thought I would pass on...hope you find it informative! –Kim
Flu Season is Here!The season of disease is upon us...coughing, sneezing, colds, the flu...
In veterinary practice, it seemed that the fall often brought more ill dogs and cats as well.
The question then gets asked:
"Do you vaccinate?"
Well my first suggestion is that you focus in building up your dog's or cat's immune system.
1. LOTS of TLC... Being bonded/connected is not just airy/fairy stuff; it really does prevent disease in people and pets. In fact, we WAY-undervalue this, and studies involving people show that those with strong family/extended family connections have far lower incidence of disease.
2. Diet-feed your pets, and yourself healthier.
3. Exercise-regularly, at least 30 mins twice daily.
4. Supplements... lysine as an anti-viral, antioxidant vitamin/minerals, probiotics, colostrum, essential fatty acids (to name a few).
5. Ultimate Canine and Ultimate Feline. My supplements contain nutrients to support your dog and cat's immune system, including: lysine as an anti-viral, antioxidant vitamin/minerals, probiotics, colostrum, essential fatty acids.
Tip: You can get a 50% OFF trial here:
Dr. Jones' Comments
You are usually injecting some foreign into your pet's body, and asking their immune system to respond.
Ever wonder why up to 25% of dogs have allergies?
In large part in response to their immune system OVER reacting – it potentially reacts that way secondarily to vaccines.
2) They claim that the Flu vaccine works.
The batch of flu vaccines being given now were manufactured months ago (prior to anyone knowing WHAT strain of flu is now in North America). In other words, it's a bit of a guessing game.
On top of that, the study points of that only 59% of people are protected...41% are NOT.
3) Safe for Pregnant Women?
Really? I have never advised vaccinating dogs or cats during pregnancy (for good reason), so I don't see how it can EVER be safe for people.
Just how many studies have been done during pregnancy?
Heal Your Pet At Home!
Dr. Andrew Jones, DVM
P.S. Will I be getting a flu vaccine?
1. Potential for side effects... Vaccines have been linked to cancer, auto-immune disease, allergies, autism.
2. The risks, in my opinion, outweigh the 'benefits.'
3. The flu, in most cases, is treated by rest and time.
4. I am following much of the above suggestions in keeping my own immune system healthy.
If you're not vaccinating your pets, you should be giving them this.... You can get your 50% OFF trial here:
Dr. Andrew Jones, DVM has been a practicing Veterinarian for 20 years. He is a strong advocate of Natural Pet Health Care, and knows that the most important way to heal our pets and prevent disease is through proper nutrition. He developed Ultimate Canine to give our dogs that extra advantage – something that will provide them with everything they need to develop stronger immune systems to fight disease, heal sore or stiff joints, and help them live longer, happier lives. Dr. Andrew Jones' main focus is on alternative, non-traditional remedies for pets. His interest in alternative pet medicine culminated in the writing of his book, Veterinary Secrets Revealed.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at Tuesday, October 23, 2012 and is filed under books/CDs, death, disease, Dogs, fitness, health, immunizations, Information, medication, prevention, resources, safety, sick, therapy, Top Dog Blog, vaccination, Veterinarian . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .